Friday 18 May 2007

This weeks Dutch Dare...


was so much fun to create... We had a very talented guest designer this time Vivian Bonder. The assignment she gave us was to create a lo about something you would miss should you ever leave your home country a little extra was to use paint. Of course I would miss my friends and family most, but trust them to come and visit us often LOL, therefor I choose some food (where did I get that idea LOL) that I would really miss... I love cheese, but now a days you can get that in most countries, I even ate Gouda cheese in Nanjing... one thing I have never ever seen anywhere else though is "boerenkool" (farmer cabbage??) and that is one of my most favorite winter dishes... along with some "rookworst" van de Hema (a Dutch shop which I would miss too).

I started some projects last week but didn't get the change to finish anything, I started a new job two weeks ago and it is absorbing all of my energy at this moment... will make it up in a few weeks I am sure...

Wishing you all a great and sunny weekend!


11 comments:

Moniqui said...

LOve your "clean" style of scrapbooking! I would miss boerenkool also;))
hugs,Monique

Francine said...

Geweldige lay out! En ja, ik zou boerenkool ook missen. En mijn zusje. En het onbestendige weer.

Succes met je nieuwe baan. is het wel een beetje leuk?

Nicole said...

Of course I miss boerenkool too and I love it that you make a LO of it... Never thought to make a LO about boerenkool and I bet you were thinking I choose this also for this challenge...

gr Nicole

D@nielle said...

loved your take, and yes new jobs are very tiring the first few weeks. Hope it's going well !

Charlotte said...

I really love love love love your layout! Those different shades of green are awesome!
Good luck with your new job!

Mandy said...

Mirjam, i totally LOVE your layout! And i am not even a fan of boerenkool, but you make it look so yum LOL

Marjolein said...

I can tell you Miriam.... I left Holland and..... I DO MISS BOERENKOOL EN ROOKWORST!!!!!! But you never know, maybe I can find it somewhere here??? Love the LO!

Daffie Online said...

Boerenkool is also one of my personal food favorites, but I like it a lot with Unox Rookworst :-)

Unknown said...

hello my sweet, hope all is OK in your neck of the woods. Gorgeous LO - I am slacking in the dares, but I will get caught up :) Hope you have a great w/e

Nura Keif said...

Super cool layout!! Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

i never really thought i'd miss boerenkool, but after seeing your page i actually crave some of it RIGHT NOW... mm... on a mission tomorrow.

www.desertbloom.typepad.com